Sunday, May 2, 2010

Many of you know I have had headaches for years. I have done so many different things to try to get rid of them; acupuncture, acupressure, food journal, massage, medication, rolfing, chiropractor, headache journal, etc.

I have been to several different doctors, they all tell me I may never find an answer to my headaches. Not exactly what someone who wakes up most days with headaches wants to hear.

I just went to this new doctor in Fort Bragg, and she told me the same thing, but she also recommended I have my eyes checked. So I did.

My vision is great, no problems, but he thinks that my optic nerve could be inflamed, which could be causing my headaches. If it is, I will probably have to have a spinal tap to remove some fluid in my spine (ouch!).

I had to go back to the same eye doctor for more extensive testing. This time I didn't do as great. So now, he wants me to get a second opinion this Friday. The doctor told me not to stress about it, and I'm not.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but it's such a wonderful feeling to think that I might have a cure for my headaches...I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment