Thursday, April 22, 2010

Chickens!

We've wanted to get chickens for a while, and the time has come!

Elio and I picked out a couple chicks the other day. We have; Lucy, a yellow chicken who will grow up to be white with a little bit of black, Millie is brown and will stay about the same color, and Coco who's mostly black with a little white who will also stay about the same color.

I decided I wanted to build my own chicken coop. So far it looks great...and my dad has done about 99% percent of the work (thanks Dad!). Elio and Nico are keeping me pretty busy, I'm lucky my dad understands, and I kinda think he's having fun with it.

Here's a picture of the chicken coop that inspired me to build ours:


I'll put up some pic's of our progress and baby chickens soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment